Started in 2005, Ranger Drilling Services is an Australian owned company aiming to deliver a safe and productive drilling solution for our customers across a wide range of drilling applications from Diamond, Grade Control, Reverse Circulation, and Water Bores. We are busy working in the Pilbara region on long term drilling contracts with some of the major mining companies in WA.
To push continuous improvement within the company we are looking for a HSE Advisor. This specialist role will contribute to the achievement of the company’s mission by supporting Rangers HSE objectives with a focus on providing incident investigation expertise and management of outcomes through to completion and assisting to drive a company culture which is committed to HSE.
The successful candidate will work on a FIFO Roster around the Ranger Drilling sites providing HSE support to our Rig Crews. There will be also be time spent in our Perth office during the rostered-on days closing out investigations and supporting the team.
In this role you will:
- Work with due care and consideration in order to safeguard own safety and health and the safety and health of others.
- Comply with all Safe Working Practices and Procedures and report all incidents, accidents, near misses and hazards as per the requirements of the Ranger policies and procedures.
- Be the point of contact for all incident investigations, action development, close-out and review.
- Assist in the development of health and safety investigation processes that are aligned to the company’s mission.
- Assist in the maintenance of field-based investigation management documentation and action close-out.
- Present as interface liaison between operational teams, supervisors, client representatives and Management to ensure relevant documentation is completed, up-to-date and distributed as required.
- Develop and foster a culture where best practice and working safely are paramount.
- Conduct regular training sessions to ensure that all personnel are trained in current incident investigation procedures.
- Keep abreast of HS&E legislation, client requirements and investigation best practice.
- Train and mentor Safety Representatives in investigation techniques.
- Complete client and internal reporting in a timely and detailed manner.
We are looking for someone with qualifications in OH&S, ideally Diploma level and a Cert IV in Training and Assessing.
You will have Investigation Technique Qualifications such as ICAM or Taproot with proven experience investigating incidents in the mining or construction industries.
If you are looking for a challenging role with a dynamic, exciting company then please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply and upload your latest CV.
Ranger Drilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.