Opportunity for a recent graduate to kickstart career in the Resources sector
We are actively seeking an Offsider / Trainee Technical Advisor to work with our Grouting Crew on a 2/1 day shift roster FIFO from Perth.
One week you will be working as an Offsider on the crew assisting in Grouting Operations, and the other week you will be working with an experienced Hydrogeologist on monitoring and reporting as a Trainee Technical Advisor. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to embark on their career in the resources sector gaining invaluable operational experience.
What you will be doing
- Detailed geological investigations and reporting;
- Set up and installation of instrumentation;
- Assist with drilling and well construction activities and hydraulic testing of wells and aquifers;
- Hydrogeological & Geological numerical modelling using Vibrating Wire Piezometers (VWP) & remotely accessible hard drives to transport data;
- General grout/cementing preparations, set ups;
What we can offer you
- Competitive hourly rates,
- Career progression opportunities, hands on experience with a diverse business;
- An experienced supportive team to provide hands on training;
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader and innovator.
What we need from you
- A Passion for the Mining industry & genuine interest in developing your career;
- Qualifications in Geotechnical disciplines would be ideal (Geology, Hydrogeology, Survey, Mining);
- HR Drivers Licence (essential);
- Strong work ethic and team focus;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Focus on safety procedures;
- Excellent communication abilities – written and verbal.
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia and will need to be able to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen, as well as provide a current Drivers Licence and Police Clearance.
Interested? Contact Jesse Sharpe in HR directly for more information [email protected]