Ranger Drilling is an Australian owned company delivering safe and productive drilling solutions for our customers across a wide range of drilling application. Our outstanding reputation in the industry has awarded us contracts with major operators throughout Western Australia.
We currently have opportunities for experienced, trade qualified, Field Service Drill Fitters / Plant Mechanics. Successful applicants will join our team working on a FIFO basis from Perth to sites in the Pilbara region
Applicants will ideally have previous experience working autonomously in remote areas servicing Drill Rigs and associated equipment. However, we would also consider people experience working on heavy mining equipment that would like to gain experience in the Drilling Industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending site emergency breakdowns;
- Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and air systems;
- Major repairs and servicing of all drilling and support equipment;
- Ensure equipment is maintained safely and timely to minimise cost and increase productivity;
- Undertake necessary risk and pre-task assessments;
- Technical guidance & field service support to operations personnel;
- Effective management of documentation and reporting as per client and company requirements.
- Required qualifications and experience:
- Solid history of working with mining equipment;
- Trade Qualified as Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Experience working in a mining environment doing FIFO;
- Highly skilled in diagnostics and fault finding, including use of computer diagnostic equipment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate with people at all levels effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to work safely;
- Good time management and work prioritisation skills;
- Able to work individually and in a team;
- What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader and innovator;
- Long term opportunity in a high performing team;
- Ongoing training and upskilling;
- Competitive remuneration.
The successful candidates will be required to complete a full pre-employment medical which includes a drug and alcohol screen. A current National Police Clearance plus Trade Certificates and relevant licenses will be required at the time of your interview. Screening will commence immediately.
To apply please send your up to date resume and any relevant tickets and licences to email@example.com or click apply.
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will ensure you are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package.